Data & Analytics-Online | 40 uur | Vacature
Sanoma is a leading media company with more than 30 strong brands within magazines, websites, video apps, events, content marketing and e-commerce like Nu.nl, Scoupy, Margriet, Libelle, Donald Duck, Ouders van Nu and vtwonen. Sanoma reaches millions of Dutch people every day.
The position: Data Scientist (with engineering focus)
The Data Science team in Sanoma BeNe drives personalized and high-value customer, advertiser and learning experiences. Our team builds world-class analytic solutions using customer data for current and new businesses and products.
Our fun:) team is responsible for providing analytical solutions to business goals and collaboratively solving business decisions through data. You will leverage advanced analytical methods and machine-learning techniques to increase consumer and advertiser sales in digital media.
You will become part of a team of 4 data scientists that works closely with our in-house engineering team (3fte) that focuses on the optimization and maintenance of our AWS platform. Within our team we share enthusiasm about the latest tools, knowledge and help eachother out. We are multidisciplinary in our backgrounds, which are in statistics, physics, computer science and econometrics.
For this specific role a computer science background/ affinity with data engineering is preferred as you will be working with Cassandra as a back-end database and algorithm execution in real-time through web APIs.
Some of our projects:
Sanoma’s far-reaching online network holding a diverse portfolio of brands opens up many opportunities in creating data-driven products. Some recent examples are:
• Personalised push notifications for our news websites
• Editorial services: e.g. automated tagging of text articles
• Recommender systems (live on numerous sites in the Sanoma network)
• Providing ad targeting segments for our B2B clients through user profiling/ predictive modelling
• Optimize audience & message of email/telemarketing/online bannering campaigns for Sanoma’s magazine subscription business
• Consult with senior business leaders to translate business goals into analytical use cases and models and communicate insights back to business stakeholders
• Develop statistical and predictive analytical models
• Implement the models as part of end-to-end solutions in production, either as batch jobs in big data environment (Hadoop, Spark, Amazon) or algorithms executed in real-time through web APIs.
• Create presentations and visualizations for communicating insights with the business
• Work with cross-functional business, analytics, and IT teams to deliver scalable successes, e.g. as part of a scrum team
• Proactively identify and drive new use cases and data-driven product innovations
Job requirements/ key competences
• Master’s/PhD degree in computer science, physics, operations research, applied mathematics, econometrics, or a related field
• Affinity with data engineering. We work with AWS cloud technologies, Cassandra, Redis, InfluxDB, web APIs (e.g. to serve out recommendations)
• Experience with or strong willingness to learn Big big Data and programming skills: Spark, Scala, R, Python and various data wrangling tools and methods
• Some experience in advanced analytics and modeling techniques such as regression, clustering, classification, natural language processing, time series methods is a pre
• Good data visualization skills, familiarity with Grafana is a pre
• Team player with good communications skills
• A pleasant workplace with young enthusiastic colleagues
• Internal and external training opportunities
• Easily accessible workplace in Hoofddorp next to the NS Station and possibilities to park
• Darts, table football, table tennis or a short walk during the break or after work
• Contribute to a number of the largest (online) brands in the Netherlands
We are looking for passionate data lovers who can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership. We offer an opportunity for professional development and work in an inspiring, dynamic media environment with Sanoma’s strong brands.